Excellence in patient care, comfort, and personalized attention..that’s what defines The Lovettsville Home. We’re dedicated to eliminating the plagues of loneliness, helplessness, and boredom of elders.
We provide Long-Term & Short Term Care, Respite care, Rehabilitation services, Alzheimer’s dementia Care, and Hospice program. All staff members trained in Alzheimer’s dementia care. This means it has special care and attention for wandering seniors, and caregivers are trained in handling dementia behaviors very well.
It has been long been recognized that it is nearly impossible to provide quality of care or quality of life to an individual in a large institutional setting and our goal is to provide a home where elders live in intentional communities with competent, consistent, well-trained caregivers, and are restored to lives where their needs can be met in an environment that is rich in autonomy, dignity and attention, and where priority is given to their quality of life.
- Elders report very high levels of satisfaction with their quality of life, especially as it relates to their privacy and choice.
- Families report high levels of satisfaction with care.
- Dementia related behavior problems have been markedly reduced.
- A decrease in wheelchair use related to the short navigable distances.
- A decrease in urinary incontinence.
- An increase in appetite, food consumption with accompanying weigh gains.
- An increase in elder engagement in personal activities of daily living and in household activities.
We strongly encourage that the final recommendations of the White House Conference on Aging explicitly support the DE-institutionalization of frail elders by supporting the creation of home settings which are capable of providing skilled nursing care, such as Residential assisted Living or Small facilities and restricting the construction of new large institutional nursing homes.